WHERE WE'VE COME FROM
Many things have happened since the concept of a gluten free flour recipe was imagined.
All activity from 2011 onwards has been focused on commercialisation of the mix, testing equipment and baking processes, all the while ensuring the outcome for our customers exceeds their expectations.
Having completed six years of commercialisation R&D to ensure the original Cottage Mix would perform with commercial processes, and new pastry mixes that would likewise perform, the Gluten Free Development group is embarking on an expansion pathway.
Acquisitions and Joint Ventures form part of the expansion plans to ensure ingredient quality, baked goods quality, and market access is able to be met.
Below are the key events that have occurred since GFD was founded, until today.
• baking processes
• machinery trials
• preferred commercial business structure
• feasibility study for expansion.
• Wins “Best Gluten-free Loaf” at the BIA Annual Bakery Industry Awards
• Achieves coveted low Gi status for its white breads (Sydney University)
• Achieves high nutrition star rating (National Govt. Health Star Rating system)
• Achieves 'low FODMAP' status.